[This is a Guest post contribution by Triphobo. TripHobo is the world’s largest repository of user-generated itineraries that helps millions of users to create their trips to more than 90K destinations across the world.]
Popular around the globe for Mayan ruins, Central America is one of the few places where you can visit one city and still have different types of travel experiences. You can plan a vacation to these beautiful tropical central American countries in 2018 to hike through the volcanic lands, explore the archeological ruins, camp in the lush forests, laze around on the pristine beaches, or simply enjoy the bustling nightlife in famous cities. Read on to know when and where you can go to have a perfect trip.
- Tikal, Guatemala – Tikal is one of the largest archaeological sites of the pre-Columbian Maya civilization. It can be a captivating experience to visit the ruins of an ancient Mayan city. One of the finest examples of art, culture, and architecture from the history, it usually takes a couple of days to explore the ruins and discover what secrets it holds. Wandering through the ruins of magnificent temples and palaces and admiring the thousands of years old carvings on the walls is something you should not miss. If you are a budget traveler, then there are numerous cheap accommodations around where you can stay comfortably.
Best time to visit Tikal – November to April
- Dominical, Costa Rica – This lovely, little town in Puntarenas is a surfer’s paradise. Its spectacular, pristine beaches are being popular tourist getaways. Those who love to catch a wave must head to this quirky town. Do not worry if you are not fond of sand on your toes, there are a plethora of things to do around here. Use an online trip planner to know more about Hacienda Baru Wildlife Refuge, Hacienda Baru Wildlife Refuge, Parque Reptilandia and Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary. These are the places that will take you to the heart of nature and will introduce you to exotic wildlife of Costa Rica. Try to visit during the wet season, May to November, to experience nature in all its glory as well as to save some money.
Best time to visit Dominical – Mid-December to April
- The Hummingbird Highway, Belize – It is surprising to see how some winding roads become popular tourist attractions. This major highway in Belize is also one of the most serene roads in the world. When you drive cutting through the mountains of Belize and pass lovely, little villages, vast forests, and majestic mountains, you will be awestruck by the sheer beauty of unspoiled nature. If you are a budget traveler, there is no better place than this to experience the countryside. There are numerous small hotels where you can stay overnight, and that too, without burning a hole in your pocket.
Photo credits: Cephas
Best time to visit The Hummingbird Highway – Late November to mid-April
- San Blas Islands, Panama – Looking for a place to go island-hopping? This group of more than 360 islands and cays should be your next destination. Some of these islands are so tiny that you may not even find it on maps. This is a paradise for those who want to catch some tan without getting disturbed by the groups of tourists. Shores adorned with palm trees look postcard perfect whereas clear blue waters are great if you want to go snorkeling. Cheap food and cheaper accommodation make it one of the affordable destinations in Central America.
Best time to visit San Blas Islands – February to March, September to early-December
- León, Nicaragua – León is a historically significant city in western Nicaragua. With more than 15 churches scattered around the town and colonial buildings with unique architecture, León has a different identity when it comes to attracting tourists. The magnificence of the Cathedral of León, the elegance of art galleries and warmth of people are some of the things that have become the identity of this city. If you have a couple of days, then there are eight volcanoes around. You can explore the rugged lands to get away from all the hustle and bustle. The city is home to exotic resorts as well as budget hotels. You can pick a place according to your budget.
Best time to visit León – December to April
Start packing your bags and get ready to visit the best places in Central America this year!